5 Times the Apostles Did. Not. Mince. Words. AT. ALL.

OK, apostles have pretty much always been known to be fairly blunt. They don't usually mince words when trying to get a message across. But there have been a few times in modern church history when apostles have really gone out of their way to make their message explicitly clear. Here are just five impactful examples of that. 1. Elder Packer telling people to "grow up" I just recently learned about this 1977 General Conference talk from this MormonHUB article. And let me tell you, the talk is pretty sweet. Entitled Balm of Gilead, Elder Packer digs into people that can't seem to let the little things go. Take a look at this clip, starting at 14:48, https://youtu.be/y4LZ-JpFvLM?t=14m48s And if you're in the middle of a movie or hiding in your closet from your children, here's a transcript of one of one of my favorite parts: Often, however, the things we carry are petty, even stupid. If you are still upset after all these years because Aunt Clara didn’t come to your wedding...

View the full article