Stake President and Bishop deceived who do I contact?

Betrayed

My wife now ex wife broke her temple covenants to divorce me, she cheated on me, and then lied to her bishop and stake president, to divorce me and cancel our temple sealing.  She then got engaged to the guy she was cheating on me with less than two months after her divorce.  She then married him 3 months later in the temple.  Why wasn’t she punished/ excommunicated.  Who do I contact to report them for not doing what was right? 

Guest LiterateParakeet

I'm sorry for your experience.  

I have to admit I have some questions though.  It's my understanding that temple sealings are not cancelled unless the woman is requesting it so she can be sealed to someone else. But it seems like you said she got the sealing cancelled and then later got engaged. 

It's also my understanding that when a sealing cancellation is requested, the ex-spouse is asked for a statement.  The matter is then considered by the First Presidency.  

So you should have already had a chance to give your side of the story to the First Presidency, and I would guess you have had many prayers about this as well, You can't go any higher than God and those He has chosen to lead His church on earth.  

Perhaps if you could clear up these questions (I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering), we would be in a better position to offer advice.  

1 hour ago, LiterateParakeet said:

I'm sorry for your experience.  

I have to admit I have some questions though.  It's my understanding that temple sealings are not cancelled unless the woman is requesting it so she can be sealed to someone else. But it seems like you said she got the sealing cancelled and then later got engaged. 

It's also my understanding that when a sealing cancellation is requested, the ex-spouse is asked for a statement.  The matter is then considered by the First Presidency.  

So you should have already had a chance to give your side of the story to the First Presidency, and I would guess you have had many prayers about this as well, You can't go any higher than God and those He has chosen to lead His church on earth.  

Perhaps if you could clear up these questions (I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering), we would be in a better position to offer advice.  

This ^^^^

Edited by NeedleinA

On 8/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, Betrayed said:

My wife now ex wife broke her temple covenants to divorce me, she cheated on me, and then lied to her bishop and stake president, to divorce me and cancel our temple sealing.  She then got engaged to the guy she was cheating on me with less than two months after her divorce.  She then married him 3 months later in the temple.  Why wasn’t she punished/ excommunicated.  Who do I contact to report them for not doing what was right? 

Let it go.  Don't let the faults of imperfect people affect your progression.

If what you say is true, then they deserve each other, and they will get their just reward. Let it go. And, even if it’s true, they can repent, and all can be forgiven. It is not up to us to judge, thank goodness. If they are repentant, and they have no obligation to tell you, then they will have confessed all to their church leaders. If church leaders deem they are worthy to attend temple and be sealed, be happy for them. Be happy they are trying to do the right thing in their marriage by being sealed to each other. It is not your call, or your stewardship. Let it go.

BTDT.  Let it out.  Let all of the pain out.  Yes, if that means cry, then cry your heart out.  You have a lot of pain, and you must do whatever it takes to heal yourself.

Then let it go.  As much as you loved her, she's gone and there is nothing you can do.  Just let it go.

I'm not saying to drop pursuing a formal grievance.  If that is what you wish to do, do it.  But let it go or it will eat at you and destroy you.

You're in my prayers.