Chinese exchange student at The Swamp!

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Hey everyone. 

A few of you already know this, but @LadyGator and I are hosting an 12 year old Chinese exchange student. So far, it's been an huge blessing and so much fun. The missionaries came over on Friday night and they were wonderful with him. LG and I really appreciated it. So sweet and involved him in all of our conversations. We've told him we were LDS and that they were friends from our church. 

(Upfront-My real name is Tim.)

We went to The Swamp today and he saw the Tim Tebow statue. He saw the name Tim and he pointed at me. He then said "Statue is you?" I laughed. Than I told him yes. 

Just kidding, I said it's of an American football player. But I don't think he got it.

39062238_10156193164952561_5812395433703505920_n.jpg

Edited by MormonGator

When you referred to the Swamp, I thought you were talking about Washington!

The Chinese Branch in the Adelaide Australia mission is one of the highest baptising units in Australia. A lot of Chinese people are really hungry for religion.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, askandanswer said:

When you referred to the Swamp, I thought you were talking about Washington!

That's awesome. lol. 

3 hours ago, askandanswer said:

A lot of Chinese people are really hungry for religion.

I'm not sure he's religious. When we pray before dinner he seems confused. He's so polite though that he basically goes with the flow. He's so obedient that @Grunt tried to recruit him into his infantry unit. 

In the rental market in my city Asians are by far the preferred tenants because of the stereotype that they work hard, keep the rules, keep quiet and pay on time. We had an LDS student stay with us for a few months last year and we hardly ever saw or heard him. He was almost invisible which was exactly what he wanted.

7 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's awesome. lol. 

I'm not sure he's religious. When we pray before dinner he seems confused. He's so polite though that he basically goes with the flow. He's so obedient that @Grunt tried to recruit him into his infantry unit. 

We'd corrupt him.  

I like your wife's hair.

Edited by Grunt

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I'll never understand women.   

The only guys who say they understand women are the ones hoping to appear sensitive so they can score female companionship later in the evening. Like the guy in college playing guitar on the quad and talking about how much he loves Tori Amos songs. 

29 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I come home every day expecting to get served papers.

As opposed to dinner?

Because you're not house-trained yet?

Because you're a wasp and haven't finished making the nest yet?

Because your wife knows you hate the 11 o'clock news?

Rhodia or Clairefontaine?  Tomoe River on holidays?

Guest MormonGator
On 8/13/2018 at 6:31 PM, askandanswer said:

In the rental market in my city Asians are by far the preferred tenants because of the stereotype that they work hard, keep the rules, keep quiet and pay on time. We had an LDS student stay with us for a few months last year and we hardly ever saw or heard him. He was almost invisible which was exactly what he wanted.

Frank doesn't have his own room in China, so when we showed him his own room, he loved it. At 9 he always asks "May I go room please?" And we always say yes. He talks with his family, plays some games, then goes to bed. We say good bye to him Sunday. It's been a huge blessing for us, he's such a polite and nice kid. 

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Frank doesn't have his own room in China, so when we showed him his own room, he loved it. At 9 he always asks "May I go room please?" And we always say yes. He talks with his family, plays some games, then goes to bed. We say good bye to him Sunday. It's been a huge blessing for us, he's such a polite and nice kid. 

I'm sure he is but what will he be like after three months with the gator?

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, askandanswer said:

I'm sure he is but what will he be like after three months with the gator?

Sadly, he leaves Sunday.

I've gotten him into The Ramones (He calls Blitzkrieg Bop the "first song" because we played it on the way home when we picked him up) he also likes Ace Freely. 

:: wipes away a tear ::