New guidance on using the name of the church

Fether

The internet likes short versions of things - I am going to have to repent and start typing a little more - like referring to all you guys as Latter-day Saints instead of LDS or Saints.  Sorry for my misuses in the past.

The Traveler

4 minutes ago, Traveler said:

The internet likes short versions of things - I am going to have to repent and start typing a little more - like referring to all you guys as Latter-day Saints instead of LDS or Saints.  Sorry for my misuses in the past.

The Traveler

You can still call me Saint Mordorbund.

14 minutes ago, Fether said:

Just want to point out that I posted this 4 minutes before this was posted. I demand everyone comes to my thread

Maybe I'll start calling everybody at church Saint instead of Brother or Sister. It might be a little confusing in mixed-sex environments, but I could probably use first and last names when clarity requires it. Saint Joseph Higgins or whatever.

I think I'll start in Primary. "Saint Benny, would you like to give the opening prayer this week?"

Just now, SilentOne said:

Maybe I'll start calling everybody at church Saint instead of Brother or Sister. It might be a little confusing in mixed-sex environments, but I could probably use first and last names when clarity requires it. Saint Joseph Higgins or whatever.

I think I'll start in Primary. "Saint Benny, would you like to give the opening prayer this week?"

Just do like they apparently did in the early days of the Church and use only first names.  Or you could mix and go with Brother Saint Benny.  Or Saint Brother Benny.  Now you just need Sister Saint Joon and you could make a movie.

15 hours ago, mordorbund said:

You can still call me Saint Mordorbund.

That may work for you - for me, I prefer to be known as the Traveler - the one so far from home; forever searching, looking, exploring, learning and helping out when I can along the way.

The Traveler

44 minutes ago, Traveler said:

the one so far from home; forever searching, looking, exploring, learning and helping out when I can along the way.

The Traveler

Sounds great and all but how do you pay for gas?

It will make conversations with Antis a little easier. Would be funny to hear some say, "Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints don't believe in Christ... Reply: Yes, and  People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) actually hate animals. The Band-Aid company no longer provides band-aids. Burger King is discontinuing operations on all burger items. That makes sense, right?