Resources for the Best Scripture Study of Your Life

Third Hour

Every once in a while, I come across a scripture that for the life of me, I just genuinely cannot understand. I read it, re-read it, look at all of the footnotes, squint really hard, and eventually turn my scriptures upside down or use a black light to see if there's some secret message hidden in there. (For whatever reason, those last ones have never worked for me...) Oddly enough, sometimes things that were written thousands of years ago are hard to understand. Although in all fairness, I have a hard time understanding some books from the early twentieth century. (I'm looking at you, William Faulkner!) Thankfully, there are tons of study aids that can guide and enhance our scripture study — and we're excited to share some of our favorites with you! Manuals for Days In my experience, some of the best scripture study resources can be found right in the Gospel Library app or on LDS.org, particularly in the manuals section. For instance, right now I'm reading the New Testament...

View the full article