Things You Don’t Think to Bring on a Mission But Should

Third Hour

There's a lot of practical advice I wish I'd been given before going on my mission: 1. Most moments are mundane — tracting, trying to find people to teach, contacting referrals who aren't home, etc. — but the miracles you see and the people you grow to love make every moment worth it. 2. PLANNING IS KING. Plan backups on backups on backups. 3. You're going to meet a lot of really, really stinky dogs — and you're going to have to pretend that they smell great even though deep inside, you're wondering if you can sneak some dry shampoo into your next lesson. Maybe more than anything, though, I wish someone had told me to bring these random (but super useful) items with me on my mission. Tide to Go Sticks Black matches with everything — except for that big ol' mustard stain. Luckily, when you drop a greasy pepperoni on your white skirt or spill grape juice on your tie, Tide to Go sticks have got your back. Seriously, I can't tell...

View the full article