How important is what we did in high school? Kavanaugh accusation

carlimac

Hello, FBI, we need you to investigate a matter. 

Yes, it was a sexual assault.  Oh, that's a police matter? But still, you should investigate.

When? Oh, about 36 years ago.  Actual date? No idea. 

Where? At  someone's house.  Whose?  Not really sure.

Witnesses?  Yes, there were a couple.  Do they corroborate?  No, I'm afraid not.  They don't even seem to remember anything about the incident.

Who were the perpetrators?  Well, there were two or might have been four.  But I'm going to stick with two because if I say four, then I have to come up with two more names of people I know won't remember being there at a date and place that even I can't remember.

Hello?  Hello?

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

@carlimac

--------------------------------

So, this is the tactic... this accusation is not about BK's character.  BK has a long-standing Catholic presence with extensive service to the community.  This accusation is about ABORTION.  This accusation is an attempt to delay the confirmation at least until after mid-terms so they can gin up the votes to overturn the Senate.  The only way they can delay the vote, after their pressure on Collins, Murkowski, and Flake exploded on their faces (they threatened Collins with putting $1M to the campaign of her opponent if she supports BK and when that didn't work, they sent her a giant poster of a man's genitals to her office, among other dirty methods), is to open an FBI investigation.  FBI investigations do not have a time limit.  They are confidential and can be done without transparency to the Senate or the public and closed to the press (except for what they choose to leak).  Confirmations cannot happen when an FBI investigation is ongoing.  So, this is their Hail Mary and if this was the pre-Trump FBI, they would have gotten it (it should be obvious by now how the FBI played partisan politics for the Democratic Party).  Therefore, the fact that the FBI summarily rejected this request shows that the FBI has finally gotten dislodged from the grips of the Democratic Party.

Thanks. I've been following this pretty closely for a few days. I figured it all boiled down to abortion. Didn't know about the really dirty stuff. Do we know it was Feinstein who leaked the letter? Or at least the name of the accuser?   My questions are - if she is as tough as described by some co workers, why did she waffle so much about testifying. She hasn't been described as a shrinking violet. Was she just giving the dems time to re group and strategize? I think the latest is that she will testify but not necessarily on Monday?   I also heard another rumor - don't know if it's true- that Kavanaugh's mother who was a judge way back when, ruled against her parents in a forclosure case on their home. So it's partly revenge, too. 

I'm embarrassed for the women shouting at the hearings, chanting in the halls of the senators and on the streets of DC. They appear crazed.  But we have a few in our ward who regularly attend the marches and who would be in those halls if they didn't have to go to school and work. So I better not say any more. 

6 minutes ago, carlimac said:

Thanks. I've been following this pretty closely for a few days. I figured it all boiled down to abortion. Didn't know about the really dirty stuff. Do we know it was Feinstein who leaked the letter? Or at least the name of the accuser?   My questions are - if she is as tough as described by some co workers, why did she waffle so much about testifying. She hasn't been described as a shrinking violet. Was she just giving the dems time to re group and strategize? I think the latest is that she will testify but not necessarily on Monday?   I also heard another rumor - don't know if it's true- that Kavanaugh's mother who was a judge way back when, ruled against her parents in a forclosure case on their home. So it's partly revenge, too. 

I'm embarrassed for the women shouting at the hearings, chanting in the halls of the senators and on the streets of DC. They appear crazed.  But we have a few in our ward who regularly attend the marches and who would be in those halls if they didn't have to go to school and work. So I better not say any more. 

Okay, Feinstein leaking the letter is an extrapolation.  There are only 3 places it can be - Feinstein's office, FBI, or White House.  FBI and White House has zero incentive to leak the letter.  So that leaves Feinstein.

Ford will testify if FBI opens investigations.  That was yesterday.  I haven't had a chance to go through today's happenings.

I looked further into the history of the parents yesterday.  Kavanaugh's mother did preside over a foreclosure case with the Fords.  But she dismissed the case at the Fords' request.  So it doesn't make sense that they would hold a grudge.

But yes... the Feminist Movement has become nothing more than Abortion, Equality of Outcomes, and MeToo.  With Abortion the long-standing pillar.  And they are CRAZED just like you said.  So crazed that pro-Choice legislation gets backlash from the movement if it has even just a whiff of sane controls added to it - like if an aborted baby survives the abortion, a doctor can't help the baby survive without facing the wrath of these Feminists.

@carlimac

Well lookie here.  You can delete stuff off the internet but you can never guarantee the stuff is gone from the internet.  Somebody captured archives of Ford’s yearbooks before the high school managed to take the site down.

So @Just_A_Guy, that “if BK did it” becomes a whole lot slimmer.

Enjoy.

http://archive.is/NkiEq

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

@carlimac

Well lookie here.  You can delete stuff off the internet but you can never guarantee the stuff is gone from the internet.  Somebody captured archives of Ford’s yearbooks before the high school managed to take the site down.

So @Just_A_Guy, that “if BK did it” becomes a whole lot slimmer.

Enjoy.

http://archive.is/NkiEq

Yeah, I saw that earlier today.  Not really a fan of the whole “well, she was a drunken skank and had racist friends anyways” approach to rape allegations.  

To me, the more material thing is the “will-I-or-won’t-I-testify?” game she’s playing with the Senate.  If the victim won’t talk, then we’re done here.  

5 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Yeah, I saw that earlier today.  Not really a fan of the whole “well, she was a drunken skank and had racist friends anyways” approach to rape allegations.  

That’s not as relevant as the levity the culture expressed on preying on Georgetown boys which completely contradicts Guerry’s and the 200 signatories of “sexual assault <by Georgetown boys> happened a lot at parties”.

8 hours ago, anatess2 said:

That’s not as relevant as the levity the culture expressed on preying on Georgetown boys which completely contradicts Guerry’s and the 200 signatories of “sexual assault <by Georgetown boys> happened a lot at parties”.

Hmm.  I suppose that might be relevant if one thought the letter was relevant—but I, personally, never did.  So in my book, an irrelevancy to an irrelevancy doesn’t suddenly become relevant. ;) 

9 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I guess they gave up on trying to get that FBI investigation.  But, is this for real?  I understand the no lawyer - they’re scared of Beth Wilkinson.  But I can’t believe they actually penned this.  This has got to be a joke.

DBD5FE83-C8AD-4546-BE53-01B1634206D1.thumb.jpeg.c48643d009e2790dd59dc49f25d158e3.jpeg

This seems like-

"Let's do a knock-knock joke. You go first. 

OK.  Knock -knock!

Who's there?

Uhh... I have no idea. "

It's completely backwards and any third grader could figure that out.  He should agree to this only if he gets to read the letter. THE letter! Not some minimized version of the letter. 

Edited by carlimac

31 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I’m taking about the letter @anatess2 is referring to; not the accuser’s letter.

I think you mean the linked article about the year books.  That potentially speaks to Ford's character in her Highschool days.. However we are focused on Kavanaugh not Ford.  No one deserves what is alleged to have happen no matter how low their character might have been.  Ford's character is important only in so much as it makes the accusation credible or not.  Being a young, stupid, party girl in her high school days is not really relevant to the accusation except for explaining why she might have been there at the party and for that case it is fully supportive.

32 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

I think you mean the linked article about the year books.  That potentially speaks to Ford's character in her Highschool days.. However we are focused on Kavanaugh not Ford.  No one deserves what is alleged to have happen no matter how low their character might have been.  Ford's character is important only in so much as it makes the accusation credible or not.  Being a young, stupid, party girl in her high school days is not really relevant to the accusation except for explaining why she might have been there at the party and for that case it is fully supportive.

I was thinking more of Ford’s letter and her schoolmates signed statements and press statements accusing Georgetown boys of sexual assault when THEY are the sexual predators as shown in the yearbooks.  So it’s more like a girl manipulating a guy in a position of a sexual encounter then crying assault after.

Edited by anatess2

1 hour ago, carlimac said:

This seems like-

"Let's do a knock-knock joke. You go first. 

OK.  Knock -knock!

Who's there?

Uhh... I have no idea. "

It's completely backwards and any third grader could figure that out.  He should agree to this only if he gets to read the letter. THE letter! Not some minimized version of the letter. 

Right... and her supporters are crying - she’s protecting herself from the bullying of the Kavanaugh legal team.  This is hard for the victim and this will make other female victims scared to come out.

Bullcrap.  Ford is a CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST for crying out loud.  So this being a... I don’t want to be caught lying under oath by a female attorney who I can’t vilify for sexism... is more likely.

Edited by anatess2

24 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I was thinking more of Ford’s letter and her schoolmates signed statements and press statements accusing Georgetown boys of sexual assault when THEY are the sexual predators as shown in the yearbooks.  So it’s more like a girl manipulating a guy in a position of a sexual encounter then crying assault after.

Ahh ok I missed that part then.  I am with JAG on this.  The argument that "everyone was doing it"  is not relevant with Kavanaugh's denial.  The counter that "no it was everyone on the other side were the ones doing it" does not suddenly gain relevance.  A counter argument can't be more relevant to then the argument it counters.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, carlimac said:

Other thoughts?

I found this interesting: an Apostle of the Lord has given kudos to the #MeToo movement in General Conference.

Prepare to Meet God - Elder Quentin L. Cook - April 2018

During my lifetime, worldly issues and concerns have moved from one extreme to another—from frivolous and trivial pursuits to serious immorality. It is commendable that nonconsensual immorality has been exposed and denounced.19

Footnote 19 takes us to:
image.png.3f4a56bf75d69af26029dd9d6917fcde.png

Of course, exposing and denouncing, is often quite difference than engaging in legal proceedings.  Or what's about to happen with Kavanaugh.

Edited by NeuroTypical

16 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

6DAA7EBF-2F2A-4DFA-9A70-0F68390CCE97.jpeg.8c52f9915c7d932ffbdff8b32a761291.jpeg

Indeed.  That said, at just an inch away, the parents of daughters might have a meme like this:

EVERY MOTHER OF DAUGHTERS SHOULD BE EMBOLDENED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH WHEN EVIL DEEDS ARE DONE TO THEM.  ALTHOUGH IT MAY NOT RESULT IN A COURT VICTORY, ODDS ARE THAT EVIL DONE TO YOU WAS ALSO DONE TO OTHERS, AND THERE CAN BE STRENGTH AND HEALING FOUND IN NUMBERS.

For Kavanaugh (and any other) one woman calling foul is one thing. If others start coming out of the woodwork with similar plausible-if-not-proven claims, that will say something to me. 

I remember the voice actor for Elmo.  We all scoffed when an accuser stepped forward.  Sesame Street is deep pockets, and there are a lot of money-hungry lawsuit-threateners out there.  Then the second accuser came forward, and it was done.

Same with Cosby, and Harvey Weinstein, and Michael Jackson, and Bill Clinton - (Oh wait, not Bill Clinton.  He and his wife sicced professional character assassinators on all his victims and folks elected, and then re-elected him.  Shame on anyone who voted for Bill, yet believe Christine Blasey Ford.)

16 hours ago, anatess2 said:

As a mother of 2 boys:

6DAA7EBF-2F2A-4DFA-9A70-0F68390CCE97.jpeg.8c52f9915c7d932ffbdff8b32a761291.jpeg

This is true; but as a parent of boys who *will be* teenagers I plan to make sure they understand that it’s also possible for even a teenaged boy to live in such a way that even if someone made such an accusation—virtually no one would believe it.  Someone who has no reputation for getting puke-your-guts-out, blackout drunk (or who is frequently in the company of others who do); is going to have a harder time getting and keeping that sort of patina on their character.  :( 

Meanwhile, this article strikes me as a reasonably clear-eyed view of the current situation.  

Edited by Just_A_Guy

2 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

This is true; but as a parent of boys who *will be* teenagers I plan to make sure they understand that it’s also possible for even a teenaged boy to live in such a way that even if someone made such an accusation—virtually no one would believe it.  Someone who has no reputation for getting puke-your-guts-out, blackout drunk (or who is frequently in the company of others who do); is going to have a harder time getting and keeping that sort of patina on their character.  :(

As a parent of both boys and girls will will/are/will become teenagers/adults.  Both my sons and my daughters will know and understand that their choices and actions can either be protective of their character/reputation/virtue or it can hurt.

Teaching kids to make good choices is not should not be limited to only one side.

2 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Meanwhile, this article strikes me as a reasonably clear-eyed view of the current situation.  

The article is a lie, albeit a rather subtle lie. It equates an accusation against a man -- an accusation with no corroborating evidence, one whose details cannot be verified or even be specified (when and where the alleged activity was supposed to have taken place) -- with the protestations of Innocence of an accused man with an adult lifetime of exemplary behavior and no other reason to suppose him guilty. The two are not reasonably comparable. Suggesting they are, as the article does, is a lie.